Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gimme some power tools


Because I'm excited and inspired to build my own furniture!

I just found this amazing AMAZING blog with plans to build all the furniture I drool over (mostly in the PB and PBK catalog). Ana at Knock off Wood publishes her furniture plans on her website, completely free. I wish I had waited a couple weeks before buying Adelle her new toddler bed. I could have built her the adorable Farmhouse Toddler Bed that actually matches Gavin's Pottery Barn crib (they share a room....kinda... he sleeps in our bed, but he does have a crib in Adelle's room).

Okay, I totally want to craigslist Adelle's toddler bed and make this one (of course we'd paint it white, to match.)
This woman is amazingly talented. Her husband and her built their own house by themselves, their own two hands (well four hands, i guess)!
Maybe one day Josh and I will do the same! (It would totally go along with his building a homestead dreams)
Another project (or 10) on the list. How will I ever find the time to do it all? And then shower?
BTW I'm almost done painting. I painted over the yucky yellow, with a more soothing super-light-almost-cream yellow. Now I need to finish the hall, and the cabinets and sew some new pillow covers. Oh and paint the curtain rod and clips. My goal is to be finished by Friday. Thats reasonable, no?
Okay. Better get some sleep now.

1 comment:

Carissa Rasmussen said...

I love KnockOffWood...so many inspiration ideas:)