Saturday, April 10, 2010

LOOT

What a crazy fun busy weekend. Yesterday our little family drove 3 hours to a great little antique shop in the San Luis Valley, that Josh had spoted while on a work trip. Sarah, the owner was such a sweet little lady, and a great salesperson at that. Josh found a primitive yarn winder, an original 1858 US Map, and a couple other fun antiques. I left with some more milk glass pieces to add to my collection, Adelle got some costume jewelry bling, Gavin got vintage circus posters.
I guess we were on a roll because we went thrifting again today! We hit up ;) the flea market and a warehouse type antique store. The kids were unusually cooperative and we found some more neat pieces. I got an old piano bench with carved legs for 2 quarters! It needs some work, but I couldn't resist a good makeover piece like that.
We also ate our first *get ready* fried twinkies! (I know you are probably thinking OH! THE HORROR!) I've heard people rave about them, so we had to try the little heart-attack-on-a-stick. They were just okay, I much prefer a good ol' funnel cake.
Soooo the best part of our day was when took the kids to pick out our new little baby chicks! I think I was more excited than Adelle. They were so cute and fluffy, we left with 6 chicks and 2 ducks. I love them! They are sooo adorable, I could just sit and watch them all day. Adelle also loves her "birds". Gavin loves them a little (or a lot) too much.
I can't wait to get some back yard fresh eggs! Whoo hooo.

pictures to come...

1 comment:

Tim and Kamee said...

hey i didnt know you had a blog. Its sweet. You are very crafty i am impressed.